Safe Harbor Access Systems
Safe Harbor Access Systems is the preferred provider of loading platforms and safety access systems that incorporate fall protection and safety solutions for bulk loading areas. They are well experienced in developing cost-effective access solutions for your bulk-loading application. As a loading platform and safety access systems manufacturer, Safe Harbor guide you from project definition to installation of your custom application to make your project a success.
A gangway is a platform or walkway that is engineered to provide safe access between a tower or platform and a truck, boat, railcar, or another type of platform. Safe Harbor’s OSHA-standard access gangways are designed for a wide range of heights and variances. Gangways can be retrofitted to your existing structure and customized to suit your specific application; which is excellent for older platforms that were not designed for today’s taller railcars.
Different Types of Gangways:
- Telescoping Gangways – A loading gangway with a telescoping extension
- Flat Ramp Gangways – A loading gangways with a non-slip ramp
- Self-Leveling Tread Gangways – A loading gangway designed for varying heights
- Custom Gangways – A loading gangway designed to your specific needs
Loading Gangway Features:
- Lifting of manual units assisted by feather light spring counterbalance.
- Built for harsh and high-use environments.
- Locks automatically in an upright position with a positive foot lock mechanism.
- Rugged quality bumpers on the bottom of the unit for vehicle protection.
- A variety of standard widths from 20″ to 60″ are available.
- 500 lbs. load capacity to accommodate potential emergency rescue efforts.
- Pipe handrails are standard to provide a more secure environment for truck and barge operators.
- Stainless steel hardware and bronze oil-impregnated bushings are provided for all pivot points to ensure long-lasting performance.
- Designed to meet OSHA standards.
Safe Harbor loading racks for truck and railcar loading are designed for single-spot or multi-spot loading areas. Our loading racks and tanker loading equipment represent complete loading and unloading system designs, available in a variety of heights to suit specific applications.
A loading rack is a structure that consists of a platform and a loading arm that is used during the loading and unloading process for trucks and railcars. A loading rack allows workers to safely access the top of a truck or train at the height needed for their application.
Loading Rack Features:
- Pre-engineered platform configurations & custom designs.
- 1 1/2 standard pipe top rail, designed to meet OSHA standards.
- Serrated bar grating or other slip-resistant walk surfaces are available in stainless steel, aluminum, or fiberglass.
- Platforms designed to support one or multiple gangways as required.
- Design loads for footing requirements can be provided.
OTHER SAFE HARBOR PRODUCTS
In addition to Loading Platforms and Gangways, Safe Harbor Access Systems specializes in other products and access solutions that include the following
- Loading Racks
- Transloading & Fluid Handling
- Portable Truck Access
- Full Vehicle Enclosure
- Spill Containment
- Loading Arms
- Custom Access Stairs
- Pre-Manufactured Buildings
- Customized Solutions
- Marine & Barge Access
- Fall Protection
- Crossover Platforms